Walk-through Inspections in the Triangle
Buying a home in a competitive housing market may seem impossible, especially when other buyers are offering thousands above asking price. In order to get your offer seen, you may choose to waive a comprehensive home inspection.
While we never recommend skipping this step, we do understand that you may feel you don’t have a choice. If your offer is accepted, a walk-through inspection for your Triangle area home, we can help you understand more about the property and whether you should go through with the purchase without negating the contract.
A Walk-through Inspection v/s A Home Inspection
How does a walk-through home inspection vary from a traditional home inspection?
Comprehensive Home Inspection
- Length: 3+ hours
- Report: 30+ pages detailing every aspect of the home’s structure and materials
- Tools needed: Ladder, infrared thermography scanner, flashlight, screwdrivers, combustion analyzer
- Price: $250-$400
- What is covered?
- Roof, including flashing shingles, fascia, and deck
- Attic, including interior structure and insulation
- Wiring and breaker box
- Foundation stability and moisture infiltration
- Pest infiltration or infestation
- Windows & doors
A Walk-through Home Inspection
- Length: 30-60 minutes
- Report: Homeowner takes notes
- Tools needed: Flashlight to look in dim spaces
- Price: Less than $200 usually
- What is covered?
- We literally walk through the house for the homeowner, looking for obvious concerns, like moisture damage, sagging floors, or cracks in the foundation. We don’t get into the crawl space or go into the attic or up on the roof, we stick to the main living spaces and outdoors sharing observations of any notable issues.
Who Chooses Walk-through Inspections
- Home buyers choosing to waive a comprehensive home inspection
- Ensuring the home is in the condition outlined in the contract
- Last minute check up to look for flaws and concerns that may need remedied prior to move in.
- Condo buyers whose HOAs repair much of the structural issues, such as the roof, HVAC, and plumbing.
- New construction walk-throughs to ensure the home conveys in accordance with the agreement.
- Homeowners wanting a consultation about what needs quick fixes before putting the home on the market.
Why Choose Rover Home Inspections?
While we highly recommend all home buyers get a comprehensive, full home inspection over a walk-through, we know that sometimes that’s not always possible. If you do choose a walk-through, call Rover Home Inspections. We have the experience and knowledge to quickly spot concerns and look for issues related to structural integrity of the home, such as roof leaks or foundation concerns.
Though nothing beats a traditional home inspection, we still believe that clients seeking a limited scope should get the high quality service they deserve, and we strive to achieve that.
Schedule a Walk-through Checklist in the Triangle Today
Whether you need a final consultation on a new build or you’ve waived a comprehensive inspection, schedule a walk-through inspection with our team today. We serve the entire Triangle area, including Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Hillsborough, and Wake Forest. Call us at 919-452-3263 or fill out our contact form to get started.